Thursday, March 5, 2009

Flying High

Hello my name is Gerald Watson Jr and I am an active senior at The Academy of Communications and Technology A.C.T for short. Today in moy blog I will be discussing the topic "Flying High." What I mean by this title is the study of aviation, how it works, and why does it works. So far what I know about aviation is that there is a lot of energy involved. Also involved with the success of aviation is continuing forces working against each other. The forces include gravity, lift, drag, and thrust. For an aircraft to achieve flight thrust has to be greater then drag and the force of lift has to be greater then gravity. So right now I know its multiple forms of aircrafts such as airplanes, jets, autogiros, ornithopters, helicopters, gliders, hot air balloons and etc. All of these aircrafts have one thing in common, they "defy the laws of gravity" on for a certain period of time. The most popular aircract is a airplane. In the near future I would love to be flying a plane as a career. I thank the pioneers such as the Wright brothers for harvesting this extremely useful tool. So until the next time be light, fly high, and ball right.

No comments:

Post a Comment